Welcome to Restyle Website
You may be aware of the new General Data Protection Regulation (more commonly referred to as the GDPR), which came into force from 25 May 2018. The GDPR is the biggest change to data protection law in 20 years and requires us to tell you more about how we handle and use your personal information and who we share it with and why. The GDPR also gives you more rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. Rest assured, the GDPR does not mean that we will be using your personal information for any new purposes or sharing it with any new organisations. It will be business as usual, and we will only ever use your personal information to provide you with the services that you already receive from us. You will find links to open appropriate transparency statements which provides you with details of how we use your personal information.. If you have any questions on our transparency statements, please contact our
Data Protection Officer,
by: e-mail at email@example.com;
telephone on 07848 171 635;
or by writing to:
The Data Protection Officer,
81 Victoria Street, Rothesay,
Isle of Bute,
Reeni Kennedy-Boyle General Manager
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
(CUSTOMERS – CARBUTE AND HORTICULTURAL TRAINING)
We, Fyne Futures, are the controller of the personal information that we hold about you, which means that we are legally responsible for how we hold and use personal information about you. It also means that we are required to comply with data protection laws when holding and using your personal information. This includes providing you with the details contained within this statement of how we hold and use your personal information, who we share it with and your rights in relation to your personal information.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), Daradjeet Jagpal, who ensures that we comply with data protection laws. If you have any questions about this statement or how we hold or use your personal information, please contact the DPO by: e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone on 07848 171 635; or writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Fyne Futures, 81 Victoria Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute, PA20 0AP. You can also contact us by: telephone on 01700 503 181; or writing to: Fyne Futures, 81 Victoria Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute, PA20 0AP.
Your attention is particularly drawn to section 2 of this statement, which confirms that you consent to your personal information and sensitive personal information being held and used by us as described in section 1 of this statement.
1. What personal information do we hold and use about you and why?
You provide us and our business partners booking platforms with personal information when you request and book car hire, training, product orders, delivery and collection services from us. You may also provide us with personal information thereafter when enquiring about your booking and if you provide us with feedback about the services that you receive from us. This includes your name, contact details, and may also your driving licence, proof of address, your payment information and information about your use of our services. We use such personal information for the following purposes:
- processing your booking and providing you with the services that you have requested from us;
- communicating with you, including in response to any of your enquiries;
- handling and responding to your feedback, including any complaints;
- improving our services and responding to changing needs;
- management and administration, including processing booking payments;
- keeping the personal information that we hold about you accurate and up-to-date;
- verifying your identity and address;
- carrying out driving licence details (if applicable);
- sending you offers and promotions that might be interest to you; and
- co-operating with law enforcement agencies and providing them with such personal information about you as we are obliged by law.
2. What is our legal basis for holding and using your personal information?
Data protection laws require us to have a legal reason for holding and using your personal information.
In some circumstances, we may rely on your consent as the legal reason. By providing us with your personal information and sensitive personal information (relating to your health, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs or sexual orientation) you consent to it being used by us as described in section 1 of this statement. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us holding and using your personal information and sensitive personal information by contacting us. Once you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer use your personal information and sensitive personal information for the purpose(s) set out in section 1 of this statement, which you originally agreed to, unless we have another legal reason for doing so. Our other legal reasons for holding and using your personal information are:
- performance, management and delivery of the booking and the services that you have requested from us;
- legal and regulatory obligations which apply to us;
- protection of your vital interests; and
- our legitimate interests – while you have a legitimate interest in the protection of your personal information, we also have an overriding legitimate interest in handling and using your personal information for the purposes described in section 1 of this statement.
3. Who do we share your personal information with?
We share your personal information with the following organisations for the purposes described in section 1 of this statement:
- our service providers, consultants and IT platform providers to process your booking, maintain the systems on which your personal information is stored and process your booking payments;
- our solicitors;
- our financial advisers and auditors;
- our insurers; and
- the Police (in the case of actual or suspected criminal activity).
4. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes described in section 1 of this statement, including to meet any legal, 3 accounting, reporting or regulatory requirements. More information is contained in our data retention policy, which is available by contacting our DPO.
5. What rights do you have in relation to your personal information that we hold and use?
It is important that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes. Under certain circumstances, the law gives you the right to request:
- A copy of your personal information and to check that we are holding and using it in accordance with legal requirements.
- Correction of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- Deletion of your personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to hold and use it. You also have the right to ask us to do this where you object to us holding and using your personal information (details below).
- Temporarily suspend the use of your personal information, for example, if you want us to check that it is correct or the reason for processing it.
The transfer of your personal information to another organisation.You can also object to us holding and using your personal information where our legal basis is a legitimate interest (either our legitimate interests or those of a third party).
Please contact our DPO if you wish to make any of the above requests. When you make a request, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity for security reasons. You will not need to pay a fee when you make any of the above requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
6. Feedback and complaints
We welcome your feedback on how we hold and use your personal information, and this can be sent to our DPO.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, the UK regulator for data protection, about how we hold and use your personal information.
The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
If you would like to receive this statement in alternative format, for example, audio, large print or braille, please contact us.
7. Updates to this statement
We may update this statement at any time, and we will provide you with an updated version when we are required to do so by law. Last updated: June 2018