There are 8,566 car club members in Scotland, using 324 cars. Car Clubs in Scotland have been at the forefront of introducing newer, cleaner and greener technology to Scottish Drivers.
Here are some facts:
- Car Club members saved 2,895 tonnes of CO2 last year as a result of changing the distance they drive
- 73% of car club members walk regularly
- 28% of car club members are regular cyclists
- 45% of car club members regularly use the bus
- 14% of car club members regularly travel by train
- Each car club is shred by 27 members