JOB TITLE Retail Sales Assistant
SALARY Minimum Wage (based on applicant age)
HOURS 16 hours per week – flexibility to work 5 days out of 7 days
TERM 41 week period
LOCATION Isle of Bute
This post is a funded role through People in Communities – you must be unemployed to be eligible
ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY
The Retail Assistant is directly accountable to the Business Finance Manager, with support from Fyne Futures Sales & Marketing Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- The post holder will receive an induction, with on the job training in all aspects of retail sales & marketing duties and the safe use of office equipment to Revolve accreditation standard.
- Good general education with demonstrable literacy and numeracy skills
- Familiarity in Office 2010 – word, powerpoint and excel is desirable.
- Commitment to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction combined with a willingness to learn
- Experience of social media (facebook, twitter) is desirable
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF POST
To undertake and support retail activities such as rotating stock, price marking, merchandising, maintaining sales and delivery records and dealing with customer enquiries. Building good customer relationships will be a key part of the role. The role will also involve e-marketing via web and social media.
- Participating in the day to day running of our points of customer connection: principally Re-style shop and Re-use store.
- Keeping the premises and displays clean and tidy at all times.
- Accurately handling cash and cheques transactions.
- Follow cashing handling procedures.
- Assist in changing displays of stock
- Aid in receiving deliveries, unpacking and re-storing stock.
- Support e-marketing via website and social media
- Develop a good understanding of our customers and respond to enquiries by telephone, email or face to face.
- Work as part of Fyne Futures team
Please contact the Rothesay Job Centre for an application form. Completed forms can be return to Rothesay Job Centre. Alternatively completed applications can be returned FTAO Fiona Zavaroni, Fyne Futures Ltd, 81 Victoria Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute, PA20 0LG.